All establishments, such as: sports clubs with a swimming pool, fitness clubs, gyms, sports sections and circles, yoga and dance studios, children’s sports clubs should be designed safely, ergonomically, practical and aesthetically pleasing
The current rhythm of life requires endurance and health. That is why sports are becoming more and more popular among people for whom sports are a way to improve their well-being, raise their spirits or relax. Physical activity requires regular visits to sports clubs or gyms. All establishments, such as sports clubs, swimming pools, fitness clubs, gyms, sports clubs and clubs, yoga and dance studios, children’s sports clubs, must be designed in a safe, ergonomic, practical and aesthetic way. This is the only way to attract regular customers and achieve success in business!
Consider the features of the layout and ergonomics in the premises for sports
The interior design of sports premises has a number of peculiarities: the interior design is developed taking into account the peculiarities of all special premises and the nuances in equipment and simulators. The modern interior provides not only a spacious gym and the use of the latest equipment and simulators, but also must be equipped with innovative ventilation and air conditioning systems.
The design should be attractive and comfortable. Maximum functionality in the room is obtained through spatial zoning techniques. The plan of a sports club traditionally provides for the division of the premises into certain zones, since the training hall should accommodate a large number of visitors, be comfortable, and its atmosphere should motivate and inspire. It is desirable that there are windows in the room, since the “blank wall” classes cause some discomfort. If, however, if windows are not provided, an experienced designer will be able to arrange a gym, in which it will be cozy and comfortable.A prerequisite for the design and layout of the premises is compliance with safety standards.
In the interior of a fitness club, as a rule, there are such zones:
- Cardio area – a place to warm up before strength training. Treadmills and exercise bikes are placed in the cardio zone. This area also provides a space for warming up muscles and stretching.
- The area in which the main machines for training arms, legs, back, etc. are located.
- Stretching zone – the place where the final stage of the workout takes place – stretching. In the stretching area, place rugs, horizontal bars, poles, racks and mirrors.
- Reception area and hall, wardrobe: comfortable furniture can be placed in it, different floor coverings can be put. It will also be appropriate to add decor here, and focus on interesting color solutions in the interior.
- Sports bar, salad bar in sports clubs – these are areas that provide for large flows of visitors, so when designing it is necessary to think over and select the appropriate furniture and finishing materials.
- Children’s corners: by organizing special children’s corners, you can significantly increase the attendance of the sports center. It is advisable to equip a place for children’s sports games: gymnastic balls, wall bars and parallel bars.
- The massage room is a room with a soft atmosphere that promotes maximum relaxation. Everything is important in the room: from the temperature in the office, color and ending with the decor, since it will not be superfluous in the massage room.
Sports facilities often have a beauty salon. Therefore, it is necessary to think over every item in the interior so that even small accessories are combined. The same goes for the design of the solarium, which must also match the overall style of the interior so as not to compromise its integrity.
Corporate identity in hall design
Using the corporate identity, you can significantly increase your competition: the memorable name of the sports facility, various advertising materials and an exclusive, striking design of the premises. The corporate identity should be present in the interior of all premises, so that a single integral image is formed in the memory of visitors.
Accordingly, if a sports club claims to be exclusive, then all the premises in it must be decorated “at the height” and in a general style solution.
Psychologists have proven that color in the interior is very important and can affect a person in different ways: both relaxing and exciting or irritating. The sports club can be kept in different shades and, from the point of view of comfort, in order to fill the room with freshness and energy, light colors should be used in its decoration. For the most part, a single color and its shades are enough to create an engaging atmosphere. If you wish, you can use several matching colors in the design. Semantic bright spots look impressive on a neutral background.
We also note that the color scheme of the space for sports is chosen according to the types of training provided:
- Intense colors have a stimulating effect on the psyche and provoke increased training. So, the interior of a martial arts sports club and boxing halls can be safely decorated in bright colors.
- It is better to arrange a children’s sports club in bright, saturated colors, but not flashy or crushing ones.
- The color scheme in the interior with a pool can be varied, colors are chosen depending on the style.
In a sports and health club with a swimming pool, in most cases, furniture is provided: tables, armchairs, sun loungers and other furnishings that set the very style of the interior. Of course, the color scheme for the interior of the pool also depends on the area of the room.
What to pay special attention to
Fresh air and low temperatures are an integral part of any sports facility. In such premises, air conditioners, ventilation devices and air dehumidifiers are used, which must harmoniously fit into the interior without losing their efficiency. For example, the design of the pool should not be disturbed by the appearance of water purification systems – all filters should be hidden from the view of visitors, or masked as carefully as possible.
The training room should be well lit. Ideally, if the room has windows, if there are no windows, you need to take care of light sources that are as close as possible to natural bright lighting in their characteristics. For dressing rooms, corridors, halls, it is better to choose lighting with more diffused light.
The predominant style directions in the interior design of sports facilities.
The modern style in the interior of a sports club or fitness center does not tolerate any pompous luxury – the emphasis is on the functionality of each item in the setting.
High ceilings, large space, a lot of light, which are inherent in the Loft style, will be an excellent option for the interior of a gym, aerobics hall or a sports center with a swimming pool.
Neutral colors, possibly with bright accents, accentuated functionality and manufacturability are inherent in the high-tech style and are ideal for a gym, fitness center or aerobics studio.
Coziness, quiet music, pleasant aromas that give peace and tranquility, are inherent in oriental styles and are suitable for a yoga or dance studio, a women’s fitness club.